A test is created whenever a referring physician has ordered an overnight oximetry or home sleep test to be performed on a patient. When a test is created, it begins the workflow process that ensures all of the necessary documentation is received prior to the test being conducted, then the test is completed, and lastly a finalized report is sent to the referring physician.
There are a couple of ways a test can be initiated.
- The account user (DME or physician office) logs into their account and adds the test and then uploads any supporting documentation (AOB / PWO).
- The account user logs into their account and adds the test and then faxes the supporting documentation to Vitalistics.
- The account user only faxes Vitalistics the supporting documentation and Vitalistics creates the test.
When a user wants to create a test they will first:
- Click on the “Patients” icon on the top toolbar or from the Home page widget.
- Perform a search to ensure the patient is not already in the system. You can search by First Name, Last Name, and/or Date of Birth.
- Click the “Search” icon to determine if the patient is in the system.
- If the patient is not in the system, click “Add Patient” and enter the information. Note, some of the fields are required and they must be completed in order to save the test. Once the patient is in the system, you can now add a test.
- Click “New Test” to add a test order to a patient.
- Select the “Test Type”. Note, any Non-Medicare Overnight Oximetry tests will require a license to be purchased for the account user location.
- The test information will be completed. Please note, some of the fields are required in order to save the test.
- Once the test is created the “Test Details” window is displayed. Let’s review each section of this window.
- At the top right of the window, the “Test Type” and “Test ID” will be displayed. The Test ID is a 10-digit number. Note, the Test ID is different than the Patient ID. The Order Date and Test Status are also visible here. Refer to (Test Status Definitions) for more information.
- In the Blue section, you will find the “Current Status” of the test, the User who initiated the status change, and the Date the Status Change occurred. To the right are four action icons.
- Edit Test – when selected allows you to edit any of the test information.
- Close Test – when selected this will “Close” the test, making the test no longer active and it will not be performed. Refer to (Closing a Test) for more information.
- Generate Forms – this allows a user to create pre-filled documents that are required before the test can occur. The documents can then be faxed to the referring physician for completion. A note can be added to the fax to provide the referring physician with any further information.
- Upload Forms – this feature is used to attach documents to the test. An account user can fax these documents to Vitalistics, but they can also choose to upload them. In order to upload, it is important to note the document type MUST BE a pdf.
- The user will select the “Form Type” then browse to “Select File” to be uploaded. As the file is uploading to ODIE, a green bar will display. The user must wait for notification by ODIE that the file has been uploaded successfully before proceeding.
- Test Progress – displays the two documents that are required before the Test can occur. The Assignment of Benefits (AOB) and Physician Written Order (PWO). Until the associated documents are uploaded, the status will be “Not Uploaded” and then it will change to “Uploaded” once received.